By the grace of the Lord the wind blew toward a big pond on the other side of the road and it prevented the fire from hitting the surrounding houses. We were then given permission to build on the two plots again, and started reconstruction work with our limited resources. It was while the building was under construction that the cyclone Nargis hit Myanmar, and the whole building swayed.
Grace Orphanage Home
In spite of these blessings, there are things for which we still need your prayer and financial support (Editor’s note: Word & Deed is in the process of financially supporting these projects):
2. Galilee tube-well (for purified drinking water project)
3. Kathahniyin drinking water (Ayerawaddy Division, Delta Region)
Dr. Moses Ngunhlei Thang is the pastor at Grace United Reformed Church in Yangon, and chairman of the Interim Committee of the United Reformed Churches in Myanmar.
The United Reformed Churches in Myanmar
- Pastor Moses began the Urban and Rural Ministry among Slums in April 1993 to reach the ‘unreached’ and plant the Reformed Churches in Myanmar
- The denomination now has a membership of about 1500 believers in 20 churches and three preaching stations.
- There are 18 pastors.
- The first Synod assembly was held in March 1995.
- The church adheres to the infallible, inspired Word of God and the Three Forms of Unity.
- The URCM has four mission fields within Myanmar.
- They operate several children’s homes, sheltering a total of 62 children.
- Publishes a quarterly magazine, Thutak Muril (The Outlook).
- Established Covenant Theological Seminary in 2002 in Yangon, Myanmar with 23 students.